Some Essex residents have asked if they can plant trees or shrubs on the highways. Lib Dem Councillors have investigated how to do this.
Essex County Council Highways require the following information:
• The exact location
• A detailed plan / drawing showing the dimension of the area you wish to plant, also including the distance from the roadside and any nearby junctions etc.
• Details of planters (if necessary), again providing dimensions.
• For trees and plants; names of and any information about them ie: size; height they will grow to. If trees are going to be planted then our arboriculturalist may need to agree or comment on this.
• Name of flowers and bulbs.
• Details of who is going to maintain this and how often this area will be maintained.
• Full details of the person who is apply for this licence - telephone number and email address.
Then you need to complete two forms that you download here - applying for a licence and describing the location; scan them in and email to email@example.com
Once the above has been received it will be passed to Network Development Team for approval and then given to legal Department to process the licence.